Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My Cooking Space II


The carnage in the kitchen continues. Tonight I came home to find my oven removed and a hole on the other side of the wall. Nothing too crazy, but it's fun to see a huge hole where my bookshelf once sat (the bookshelf frame is still there because we're getting it cut down in half and rebuilt to fit under the wall so we can recycle the product and not have to buy a whole new bookshelf.

The most interesting aspect to come of today's developments was that a funny thing happened when looking at the new hole. You see, the TV room in the house was an addition, something one of the previous owners did about 15 years ago or so. I know two things about construction, Jack and Shit. So I kinda giggled when I saw that the old exterior to the house is still there. Don't know why that makes me laugh, but for some reason I figured they would strip the exterior tiles and insulate or put something else up or do something, anything. Just weird, is all. Hopefully they didn't trap anything like a possum or something when putting up the new wall. Now that I wouldn't be laughing about.

1 comment:

GreenMom said...

tearing out someone else's crappy work is one of the many joys of older homes.....don't you remember all the darn wallpaper on our ceilings?!?!?!?