Friday, February 26, 2010

My Cooking Space V

So now the kitchen is beginning to quickly resemble the scene in ET when the feds took over Eliot's house. Luckily when I walked in there was no one in the biohazard suits to greet me. So no X-Files moment for me.

We had to get the kitchen floor refinished because there was a problem with the floor where some of the old cabinets and fridge were located. So that put us behind a tad, but it allowed our contractor to put up the pseudo-hazmat plastic walls and make the kitchen more or less out of commission for a day or so.

All of this is in bigger preparation for Saturday when the new fridge and washer and dryer show up for installation. Nothing like getting rid of old, outdated models and bringing in some new, energy-efficient ones that give me happiness in my heart where the eco part of me lives.

3 comments:

Michael Duffy said...

So you have been working on your kitchen for a week and all you have to show for your $10,000 is a hole in your wall and some plastic sheets on the door. Where did you get your contractor, Craig's List?
Love Uncle Michael- the contractor

Campbell said...

Actually I picked him up outside the Paramus Home Depot. Said he did lots of high-quality work in Bergen County. You wouldn't know anything about that, would you?

Michael Duffy said...

Aren't kitchen renovations fun!!!
Have you started doing the dishes in the bath tub yet? If you have any questions feel free to ask. Say hello to Molly for us.