Wednesday, October 22, 2008

April in Paris, Part 2


So spending a week in Paris means I spent a lot of time behind the camera. It's just such a wonderful city to get to photograph, meaning I had a lot to choose from when editing down my photos. I liked so much from what I did, this week I am giving you a bonus gallery of some photos from Paris.

This time around, you'll get a bonus look from one of the cathedrals. You will also see a wonderful, cheery girl who had I captured having fun with a bunch of pigeons (Parisians seem to be OK with the pigeon, while in DC and NY everyone refers to them as rats with wings, which is true). Additionally there is a also a photo from Rue de Mouffetard, where my good friend Leigh lived for a year (I purposefully went and spent some time shooting the street so I would have some photos to give her). I also included an interesting photo I took of Moulin Rouge (initially I didn't warm to it, but the way the reds stand out on the most important focal points sold me as I looked at it longer). And one of the photos from the first Paris gallery actually looked very strong to me in B&W, so I am including that one also.

Lastly there is a photo of the Eiffel Tower at night. I shot this from the top of the Arc de Triomph, and it was very gusty and cold, and the high winds made it very difficult to pull of this shot at night without getting camera shake. Yet once the lights started twinkling, I snapped as many as I could, bracing my camera against the edge of the Arc, which did not make my goddess very happy, because she knows the killing spree I would have gone on had the wind whipped the camera from my hand and sent it spiraling to the ground, probably killing someone (had it been a pigeon, she probably would have been OK with it).

Click here to see the newest gallery. If you missed the first one, you can see it here.

No comments: