Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Quiet in the Cathedral

Thought it was time to share another set of photos that I have taken as part of my exploration into HDR photography. This slideshow is actually the first time I have ever attempted HDR, so it's cool to revisit these photos and see how my technique began and where I have come from then.

The things I notice most is my initial fear of shooting anything with people in it. I have gotten better and more comfortable with it, but it's something I definitely am constantly working at. Of course, it's not like these photos are the first photos I have ever taken. Luckily, I had been at the photography thing for a year or two before that. Yet I feel like these photos are the first time two things collided at once.

First was my desire to try a new technique with the HDR thing. The second was just feeling more comfortable behind the camera and taking my time to get the shots I wanted. Most of the time I still rush myself thinking something else is out there, but at least I notice it more often and can slow down to make sure I'm doing all the right steps to get the shot right and sharp. Anyway, enough rambling. Enjoy my first ever foray into HDR at the National Cathedral down the street from my home.

No comments: