Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Few Days In Cali



As I said in my initial post, part of the reason I set this blog up is to share my photography with the masses (all 8 of you who read it ... but believe me, I love your support). I don't claim to be some kind of photo savant, but I do really enjoy it. I've always loved photography, and while he may not like it, a good deal of my new motivation and desire to be good at it was working with my buddy Bill. He's a damn good photographer, and has always been willing to share his advice on my techniques and suggestion new ways to look at things. He's the silent type, so the first time he started a conversation with me was a shocker. I think it had to do with the GBH album I was listening to, but now I've digressed.

So click here or the main image above for the slideshow of photos I took during a recent trip to Napa. The weather was amazing, the wine flowed and tasted as great as I could expect, and even the food was outstanding. I don't entirely know where on the cow the wagyu beef comes from, but I hope it's relatively decent spot where I won't feel weird loving it so much.

I will probably explain in a later post how I go about creating my images. But I really like the way HDR comes out. I see the world in a different way than the next person, and while I love black and white photography, for the time being I have really attached myself to the way HDR presents itself. I dig the competition each photo has between the real-life image that I captured and the digital, almost-painted look my final images show. Hope you enjoy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the pics!