Friday, October 31, 2008

Cloudy Week Ain't Over Yet

It's Friday. Then end of the work week. And as much as I would love to rejoice in parting of the clouds and the sunshine breaking through to end this week of misery, I still cannot get past the storm.

I flew back home to Kentucky last night. It was quite the experience. Normally I have decent flights. Sure, there are some kids on there who scream and yell about the air pressure hurting their ears or the fact that the Southwest person won't stop singing over the intercom, which insights everyone to sing as well. I hate that crap. Most of the time I can put up with it all, but there are some flights which defy reason. Last night was such a flight.

First, at BWI, we sat next to a poor chap who was on his way home to Nashville. I know a lot about this guy's life since we heard the whole thing as he fought with his wife on his phone. Seems he travels 20-22 days out of every month, and the wife is not pleased about it, but what can he do, he constantly asks her? I'll get a new job if you want, but right now the openings are sparse and the pay he gets is good for the family. Then, just when you think he's won her over ... she apparently some random woman named Michelle keeps calling and asking for him. He doesn't know any Michelle, so clearly instead of letting it go the wife now thinks (and apparently this is not the first time for this accusation) that he is having an affair.

I will admit to giving the guy the benefit of the doubt. Not because he's a man, but because based on the one-sided conversation we overheard, his wife is clearly insane. He said goodnight to his children and told them he loved them. Then the evil wench got back on and ran all over the poor guy. At one point, "Fine, if you want when I get home I'll pack up and be gone by Sunday" was uttered. We were watching a marriage dissolve at BWI, out loud, within 30 feet of a McDonald's, Quizno's, other eateries and a crap jewelry store called Fire & Ice (who the hell buys shit from a place with that kind of name?). Needless to say, the situation for him was dire. Don't know if he's still married or not, but here's to hoping you at least have your sanity, dude.

Lastly, we got on the plane and sat in front of three people who didn't know each other but decided to become BFFs for the next 96 minutes on the flight. This was a 11 p.m. flight, the entire plane was asleep except for these three jackasses describing every job they've each held, from cutting plastic to cleaning oil residue out of old Chrysler engines. I have best friends I don't know this much about. And they kept sychronizing their volume to the airplane's engine, so no matter what, anyone within four rows could hear about the time Dude Sitting In the Middle Seat dropped a wrench on his co-worker's foot. Hilarious times, let me tell you.

I need this week to end. Fast. Here's to hoping bad things will avoid me on Halloween.

No comments: