Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Showing a Different Side



This week I decided to show you a different direction of some of my photography. Up to this point I have only been sharing with you all my HDR slideshows, but I want to reassure the viewing public that I am not a one-trick pony. Because there is nothing more boring than a pony who only has one trick. That pony has glue stick in its future, for sure.

Anyway, enough with the damn ponies. As I am rather new to photography, I am always trying some new styles. I took my first photography class at the Smithsonian, and one of our first assignments was to go around the neighborhood and take pics of flowers. I think this started my initial enjoyment of photographing flowers, because as a beginner it was easy to take pictures of something that didn't run away, try to bite me or smack me for not getting their good side.

Once the class was through after a few months, I got tired of taking flower pictures. Then last year during the winter I picked up some flowers and brought them home for the goddess of my life. But before she could enjoy them I decided to attempt some black and white studio-style shots. With the recent purchase of a close-up lens that allows a shallow depth of field, I really like the way the photos turned out and the tight focus I could get on the smallest of objects.

Hope you enjoy the gallery. If you missed any previous ones, select it from the menu in the top-right of the blog.

No comments: