Sunday, October 19, 2008

Hey John, Remember These Folks?

The nonprofit I work for deals a lot with local organizations all over the country. One of those orgs we work with is ACORN. These people have had a rough go of it lately, some of it justified, but a lot of it from the McCain campaign is complete horseshit. I'm really getting tired of hearing about how ACORN is ruining the fabric of democracy (I think the Patriot Act has taken care of that for us, thanks Bush) and also how the CRA caused the current economic crisis (one of the biggest lies perpetrated right now by right-wingers). It's just ludicrous watching them grasp for anything that might move five ignorant voters to vote for McCain.

Well, in classic Rove-ian style, I shall paint McCain as FOR ACORN before he was AGAINST it. And I'm not talking about him palling around with ACORN 21 frickin years ago, either. Um, I'm talking about him supporting ACORN a whopping TWO years ago.



But that was when McCain used to trumpet half-decent policies, like comprehensive immigration reform. Shame he isn't talking with a clear head anymore.

No comments: