Monday, October 6, 2008

This Exhausted Body

For most of the summer my running/exercise schedule was completely shot to hell. My organization put on a national conference here in DC last month, so I spent the entire summer busting my ass getting posters, signs, flyers, brochures, post cards, programs, powerpoints, banners and all manner of shite put together in time. At last count, our conference director said I designed somewhere around 650 pages of original content in just over seven weeks.

So I was a wee tired by the time the conference ended.

Now that I have recovered, I have decided to resume my running schedule, but with a new twist. Trying to find time to run after work each night was a real pain. Not a lot of time at night. Sometimes I'm running errands after leaving the office. I'm not in the mood to get mugged by the homeless dude who knows my daily schedule since he lives on the bridge outside my apartment. Plus, sometimes I just want to come home a veg.

The new twist has been waking up at 6:30 in the morning and running in the morning before I shower and go to work. For those who know me and my disdain for being conscious in the morning, it was a daunting task. This morning was the first go at it, and I was like a zombie all day at the office (that's not me in the photo, but it's emblematic of my physical state). No fewer than seven people noticed my lethargic nature. It's clearly going to take some for my body to get used to running that early in the morning.

I can (thankfully) report that my morning running/exercise routine is at least clothed, unlike these wackos.

No comments: