Friday, October 10, 2008

Phallic Friday Continues

Thank god Friday is almost over. Not long after the run-in with Naked Co-Worker, I had yet another moment that was just a bit too much for one day.

One of the new areas I have explored at work is taping instructional videos to help staffers learn how to do certain tasks in our office. Using the printers, teaching some specific techniques in PowerPoint, Word, etc., and filling out various forms in our office like timesheets and whatever else HR has trouble properly explaining. Sure, my main reason for all of this is to reduce inane questions rolling my way on a daily basis. But the bonus goal is getting to learn some new software and try something new to keep the workday interesting.

As part of this, my IT guy got me the software I needed and a fancy microphone from Plantronics. It works great and also looks oddly like the Bird of Prey. When I first got the package, everything was fine. But it was upon opening it and removing the mic that the package backing was just a tad too much. I mean, really? Was this necessary in the product's packaging design in order to sell it? Was there a meeting to discuss this? ("Jimbo, I think I'd like to see the penis-inspired background at least twice as large. I want it really coming at the customer"). It's not like this was something you could miss.

I just had to hold onto it because some co-workers would have gotten a huge laugh out of it, and they did. But this day just needs to end. I'm done with it.

No comments: