Saturday, November 15, 2008

Effed-Up Friday

My Friday was total crap. I just have to vent about it for a moment. First, I spent the entire day reading e-mails from my friends in my fantasy football league, who decided it was time to question my manhood for about 8 straight hours. It was brutal. I'm not saying that it wasn't funny at time. It was. I definitely have some fodder in my life that is easy targets. So that was a stunningly unfun way to start.

Then, the lady and I went to a rehearsal dinner in Baltimore. On the way up, we were in a car accident. Nothing serious, thankfully, but really rather annoying. Damn girl just wasn't paying attention and rammed right into us. Took 20 minutes out of our schedule and it took us 2 hours and 45 minutes to go from DC to Baltimore, about a 40-mile trip in total. Just damn annoying.

The dinner was fun. It was a on a cruise ship in Baltimore Harbor and it's where I took the picture. It was an immensely foggy night, which gave the docks and waterside a beautiful spookiness about it.

But to spoil what was a lovely evening, I returned home to find out that one of the few things I care about most, UK basketball, was upset by a ridiculously unknown school, VMI. I never liked Gillespie's hiring as the coach of my beloved alma mater and sure as hell hate it now. That was my Friday. One good thing, three bad things. Not a good ratio.

1 comment:

KM said...

damn, dude. sorry to hear about the wreck.

and i can't believe those jerks were so mean in your fantasy football league.

i saw UK lost to VMI...now you know how it feels to be a bengals fan...just repeat that EVERY DAY.